REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILD PASSPORT
Steps: Collect & Put Together The Documents For Child U.S. Passport
- Do not sign this application form until you are instructed to during Authorization.
- Important:When you’re done, click the Link that says “create form”.
- Once printed there should be Two (2) barcodes on the page labeled Page 1 of 2.
Parental Authority: (Important – If the child is under the age of 16)
- Both parents must sign the application for passport.
- If only one parent can be present, you must have a signed, Notarized Parental Consent Letter from the non-present parent. If sending in a Parental Consent Letter, the non-present parent must submit a clear copy of their Driver’s License.
- Only one parent can also appear, if that parent can provide evidence that they have sole custody to apply for the child.
Evidence of Citizenship – At least ONE of the following must be provided.
- Previous U.S. Passport (if it’s more than 15 years old).
- Birth Certificate duly certified & issued by state, county or city.
- Certificate of Citizenship or FS-240, DS-1350.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
Evidence of Credentials from both parents.
- If you do not have a driver’s license or a driver’s license that meets the requirements, then you must provide Personal Documents.
- Valid Driving License with photograph, issued more than 6 months ago.
Evidence of Urgent Tour – provide 02 copies of ONE of the following.
- Facsimile of round trip travel document indicating travel to an overseas country.
- Traveling schedule stating reserved or confirmed.
- Business travelers could also submit a Business Letter of Expedite, if the above is not available.
Passport Photographs – taken by a professional.
- Obtain 02 Passport size photographs in color, front view and with a plain or light color background taken by the professional.